10/4/12

Vegan Mofo 2012 - Snack


I always have snacks on hand, whether I'm with my kids or alone.  I never know when I will have to work a long day or work through lunch, so I try to always have more than necessary as far as food is concerned.  Luckily my work has a nice kitchen, everything but a full size stove.  So I keep frozen brown rice, fake nuggets from Trader Joe's, coconut milk yogurts, trail mix, and knishes here at all times.  Do you notice what is missing?  No fresh veggies or fruits.  I'm trying to do better at keeping those things here on a week to week basis.  This week I brought in persian cucumbers, carrots, and hummus for dipping.  Nice and simple, notice how that is a theme of mine?


1 comment:

Veganosaurus said...

Simple is always great. :) I love carrots dipped in hummus. Such a satisfying snack!