10/11/12

Diner Slaw - Vegan MoFo 2012






Another night of throwing food together quickly to feed the family.  First I grabbed the bag of pre-cut butternut squash from Trader Joe's.  Tossed that with some olive oil and a little salt and rosemary.  Threw that in the oven.  Then cut up my tofu and breaded it.  My coating is simple enough: flour, nutritional yeast, salt, basil, garlic powder, and pepper.  Pan fry that until nice and crispy on all sides.  I needed some kind of green veggie....found a head of cabbage from our CSA box.  Grabbed Julia Hasson's Vegan Diner cookbook and tossed together "diner slaw".  Easy breezy!!!

Not the prettiest looking plate of food, but mighty tasty and filling!  Time for me to go make lunch before picking up the kidlet from preschool.  What's on the lunch menu for today you ask?.... Frito Pie!!!!  Fritos (Trader Joe style), black beans, green chiles, onions, and vegan sour cream.  Pile in that order in a bowl and dive in, baby!

No comments: