10/20/12

Berry Oat Bars - Vegan MoFo 2012





 Berry Oat Bars from Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. 

I haven't cooked much from this cookbook but I liked how it was divided up by colors.  A reminder to eat a wide variety of colors on our plates to get our vitamins.  Maybe my CSA box will encourage me to dive into this cookbook for more than just berry oat bars. 


The berries that my daughter and I picked at the farm the other week were put to use for this plate of yumminess!  I've made these a few times and love them every time.  I held back a little on the sugar to feel less guilty that this was breakfast today.  If the kids wouldn't have been here, I would have kept the sugar at the regular amount, but trying to be a good role model and all.... Still delicious!  I have two pieces left, but not for long.  Have a nice weekend folks!

2 comments:

mollyjade said...

I think that's one of the prettiest vegan cookbooks out there, but I haven't made much from it either.

isawstars said...

Looks delicious! I'm gonna check out that cookbook. Thanks for sharing :)